Which model for which purpose?
Everything depends on the degree of security, locking system, fi re resistance, classifi cation of insurable value and any options you choose :
• For a model to put down : opt for a safe 5 to 50 L
• For a model to build into :choose the same capacity, just opt for the option which will provide you a better protection against theft
What do you want to protect ?
• Documents: papers, marital status, insurance papers, bank papers…
• Support data: computer safeguards, hard drives, USB fl ash Medias…
• Valuables : jewelry, money…
Available volume ?
• 10-20L: compact size and small volume, easily concealable (jewelry, cards, administrative papers…)
• 20-40L: intermediate capacity (computer’s equipment…)
• 40-60L : large volume (fi les, archives…)
• + 60L: very large volume (weapons…)
How to open ?
• With keys > Advantage: Cheaper and simpler use. Limit: key management.
• With digital code (and emergency key) > Advantage: reliable system without the use of a key.
• With fingerprints
• With magnetic card (all kinds) > specifi c for hotel
Which type of protection ?
• Fires :
– For 1H fi reproof safes for papers, the norm “UL 72 class 350” (Underwriters Laboratories Inc.: American laboratory) is compulsory. The safe can be heated to 927°C during 1 hour without the internal temperature goes past 177°c, maximal value for the paper to not burn
Some fireproof safes are standard SP 1h paper
– For 2H fi reproof safe, the norm “SP” (The Swedish National Testing Research Institute: Swedish laboratory) is compulsory
For papers : NT fi re 017-120 Paper. The safe can be heated to 1090°C during 2 hours without the internal temperature goes past 150°c
• Breaking : security safes
• Fires and breaking : Insurable value safesGlossary
OPENING SYSTEMPROTECTION AGAINST FIREINSURABLE VALUE